16 April, 2012

Movie Review:「 BATTLESHIP 」

(Image sources: 1, 2, 3)


Three of the few Promo posters for the movie out right now. And yes, there is Japanese in the movie too! (Hooray~! ばんざい!)


Plot: A fleet of ships is forced to do battle with an armada of unknown origins in order to discover and thwart their destructive goals. 
(Brief plot summary provided by: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1440129/)


Here's a sneak shot of the movie!


Main Casting:
Taylor Kitsch as Alex Hopper
Alexander Skarsgård as Stone Hopper
Brooklyn Decker as Samantha Shane
Rihanna as Cora Raikes
Liam Neeson as Admiral Shane
Tadanobu Asano as Captain Nagata (OH GOD HE WAS SO BAD ASS AND AMAZING IN THIS)
Gregory D. Gadson as Mick Canales
Peter MacNicol as The Secretary of Defense
Gary Grubbs as Air Force Chief of Staff
Josh Pence as Chief Moore
Stephen Bishop as OOD Taylor
Jesse Plemons as Ordy
Griff Furst as BIP Technican
Marcus Lyle Brown as Land Commander
John Tui as Beast

Opinion:
I absolutely loved this movie! It was so epic. The amount of action was overwhelming, and being a person who loves action, it certainly was my cup of tea. There were so many intense moments during this movie and certainly a lot of tear jerker ones too (tear jerker, NOT depressing crying scenes where you bawl your eyes out. But then again I'm really emotional so don't take my account on that) The main idea of this movie was probably in a way, "redemption"  but please feel free to disagree on that after you've seen the movie. My favourite character was probably Captain Nagata since he was so bad ass and so freaking hilarious HAHA! I LOVE HIM SO MUCH LOL (and yes partly because he is Japanese). I didn't realise at first that this movie involved aliens and such so that was probably the only downer for me in this movie. Also I'd liked to have seen the aliens do something more than just attacking (what though? Hoho~ Something you will have to find out by watching this movie!) and just standing around. Oh and another thing that ruined this movie is that the ending was so abrupt. I really would've liked to see a wedding (you'll see what when you watch it) but still, it was quite funny.


Rating:

For an overall rating, I really enjoyed this movie so I guess I’d rate it a 9/10. There were so many moments where Penny and I cheered our asses off at the success of the Marines but there was also this one scene (I remember it very clearly) where we were both holding onto each other because we were scared for the worst to happen LOL. If you haven’t already seen the trailer for Battleship, you can watch it here. Oh and just a head's up, the movie is 2-3 hours long but so worth it! (More leaning towards the two hours though)

まあ、じゃね!
リズちゃん























No comments:

Post a Comment