14 May, 2012

Movie Review: 「THE AVENGERS」

(Image Sources: 1, 2)
Hey everyone! Sorry, today's post will be all in English. I know, I know! I promised a weekly review but I swear it's because I've been super super busy! (Now I know why my favourite bloggers don't update as much as I'd like them too, haha!) I've had my birthday week and then grading exams for tutor and then my actual mid-year exams so please forgive me! I'll do a post on my birthday sometime later. I was planning to write one that day but I got home quite late so yeah~
Anyway! These are two of the promo posters for the movie. Don't they look bloody amazing?!



Plot: Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of super humans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army. 
(Brief plot summary provided by: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0848228/)
Sorry, I know this isn't a sneak shot of the movie but seriously. Doesn't this make you have eyegasms?! Gah! So epic! Sorry this is turning out be to really unprofessional now isn't it? :(
Main Casting:
Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark (Iron Man)
Chris Evans as Steve Rogers (Captain America)
Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner (The Hulk)
Chris Hemsworth as Thor
Scarlett Johanssan as Natasha Romanoff (Black Widow)
Jeremy Renner as Clint Barton (Hawkeye)
Tom Hiddleton as Loki
Clark Gregg as Agent (Phil) Coulson
Cobie Smulders as Agent (Maria) Hill
Stellan Skarsgård as Prof. Erik Selvig
Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury
Gwenyth Paltrow as Pepper Potts
Opinion:
Ah, such a good movie! I'm not a massively big fan of The Avengers and I admit, I have never watched any one of their movies in full (I know, I know, I don't deserve to watch it blah blah blah) except maybe for The Hulk (not the most recent one) but I was too small to remember much besides the fact that I found it quite scary. The reason why I watched this movie is because my brother (who has seen is twice now) and Penny have raved on about it and since exams are now over, I had free time to chill out with Kat. Anyway, there were so many "mini heart-attack" moments (you know when it's something you don't expect to happen and then it does?) and most were from The Hulk LOL. Surprise, surprise but it was a really good movie! Who knew Scarlett Johansson was such a sexy and furiously action packed woman? But there were so many times where I wanted to punch all of the characters, especially Loki, like seriously oh my God. He's such a good actor when it comes to playing the bad guy haha! The movie length is in between the brackets of 2 to 3 hours, leaning more towards the 3 hours.
Rating:
The Avengers was a really really good film but since I'm not as into them as some other people, I probably rate it an 8/10. I definitely recommend watching it in 3D just to get that extra awesomeness. I do admit it was pretty exciting and sent me on a slight emotional roller coaster ride since there were so many near death scenes, especially somewhere near the end. But I think what sealed the deal on this movie was the humour that all the actors put into their characters. I love it when an actor does a personal twist on a character! If you haven't already (then you must live under a rock) seen the trailer for The Avengers, click here!




Well, till next time everyone!
Liz~


And once again, I'm really sorry for not posting a review like a promised! I'll try to do another one next week. No promises though >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment