04 October, 2012

Unbroken promise (o´ω`o) - UPDATED

Hey everyone! I'm back and in a big way. (Haha, just kidding, I just felt like saying that) 
But seriously, I am back as I promised in my last post and here I am to uselessly update you guys about my uninteresting life. (I'm actually wondering why I even bother to blog because I have only like... 2 followers and one of them doesn't even use blogspot anymore.. :( But I still have my good friend Ralph, who by the way is an awesome musician and amazing photographer. He just started his blog recently so please remember to check him out guys! It'll be worth it, I promise (o´ω`o) )

So anyway, it's been almost 2 weeks (perhaps a little more, perhaps a little less, I'm not entirely sure...) since my cousin from Vietnam started to live with my family. She's a year (or two?) older than me but has to call me "Chi" (which in Vietnamese is kind of like older cousin / older sister. It's comparable to お姉ちゃん in Japanese ^_^)
I won't go into detail as to why because it'd take forever to explain but if you're interested you can always check it out on Google. Just type in "Vietnamese family ranking" or something along those lines.
So yeah, anyway, since she's come to Australia, she's going to be living her for at least the next 4 or 5 years, which has caused a lot of changes in my life since there's now an extra person to look after. It's been kind of awkward, even though some time has passed since I'm not really used to being an "older sister" figure but whatever.
The first Sunday she was here we took her to the Moon Festival (I don't know why, but Sydney celebrated it a week earlier than the actual date :S)
Then on Monday, my brother and I took her out to Central to make sure that she knew how to get to school on her own and so on.
Then we just hung around the city and had sushi train for lunch. We took her to look at Darling Harbour but since there wasn't much to do there we finally got the chance to go to Kinokuniya in Galleries Victoria (omg finally!! It takes me forever just to get to Townhall, and I have to wait even longer to get the chance to visit it, so I was super super happy, even though it's WAY too expensive there x_x)
Maybe I'll update this post again later with some photos from the day and but at the moment I seriously can't be bothered to do anything right now, especially my homework since school starts in like 4 days :(

** From this point on this post has been updated.
Thanks for bearing with me everyone, but I have finally had the time to update this blog post. I'm just going to post some pictures here to relieve your eyes from reading such a massive chunk of text. Enjoy!


Some photos from the Moon Festival~ 




We met Cat and her family at the Moon festival so we went to Meet Fresh and had "dinner" there.


A photo of my brother and Cat together haha.




Then we went to Crispy Crepe and ate again.




These are photos from the City on Monday~



Hooray for Sushi Rio and $3 sushi / sides all day long! 





We stood in the middle of QVB on the ground floor and looked up. Haha, so pretty~



Some buskers outside QVB. They were really good! :)


Our $1 macarons! Sooooo yummy~ :3


Finally, Kinokuniya!




これかっこいいですね?!








When we left to get back to Townhall Station via QVB, we saw this pop-up store that sold only hand made cards with heaps of different designs. I chose Taurus because I didn't really have anyone to give an "I love you" card to and the rose ones were really pretty but too expensive >_<. It was around $8 for a regular individual sized one like mine and $18 for a REALLY intricate one or $20 for 3 regular sized ones. I was talking to the saleslady and she said that these cards (regular ones) took around 40 - 50 minutes each to make and the intricate ones sometimes took up to 5 or 6 hours. I was so amazed at how much time and dedication these people put into their work, but it was really beautiful haha. My only regret is that I didn't buy one for my mum :/







So anyway,
Thanks for reading! (If you did, then kudos to you!)

じゃ、またね!
リズちゃん♡♡

2 comments: